Achieving a safe, sustainable and efficient
petroleum supply chain
The ARA’s 2018 Supply Chain Forum has the objective of establishing how to achieve a long term safe, sustainable and efficient African supply chain for petroleum products.
As at previous Forums, major industry players across the African downstream will share their ideas on global best practice so as to promote plans to improve African distribution systems. With a bias towards West Africa refining and supply systems, particularly to the Sahel hinterland, the Forum will be relevant to all regions across Africa.
The Forum will concentrate on the following topics:
- Refining or product imports?
- The African refinery of the future; finding the solutions to finance larger scale plant, increase complexity, introduce • cleaner road fuels and to offer low sulphur MARPOL fuel oil for shipping
- Improving road safety performance through improving the management of sub-contractors, drivers and increasing use of new technology
- Improving the safety and security of petroleum product storage
- Improving port efficiency by investing in single buoy mooring systems and port infrastructure investment
- Raising project finance for improving refineries as well as for petroleum distribution and retail infrastructure; achieving the UN’s development goals to aid financing
- Regional supply chain and product quality solutions to promote economic investment in refining and distribution efficiency; the role of regional communities and the African Union
- The role of regulation to promote market efficiency
The African Refiners and Distributors Association is a Not-for-Profit organisation that represents all sectors of the pan- African downstream oil industry from shipping to service-station, seeking to improve supply chain best practice across all regions of Africa.
At this year’s Downstream Forum in Dakar, Senegal, the Association plans to discuss and agree with all industry players the major steps and targets for a sustainable and efficient Road Map for the downstream oil sector across Africa.
At previous ARA Forums delegates and speakers have attended from the following companies:
Authentix, Botswana Oil Ltd, Bureau Veritas, Cirrus, CITAC Africa, CORAF, Engen, ERC Kenya, Ethiopian Railways Corporation, EWURA, Gestoci, Gulfin, HMT, IFC, Kenya Pipeline Company, LastFire, NERSA, NOC Ethiopia, NPA, Oando, Oil Tanking, Oryx Energie, Parlym International, Petroci, Puma Energy, SAR, SADC, Sahara Energy, Senstock, Shell, SitaRail, Sonabhy, SOGARA, Somir, SONARA, Soudotec, Star Oil, STSL, Standard Bank, ThyssenKrupp, TOTAL, Vivo Energy, VTTI, etc.
The ARA invites ARA Members, sponsors and other delegates to join the only non-commercial conference on the African downstream supply chain sector.
The Forum is focussed on developing a responsible African plan for the African downstream based on the needs and ideas of market participants who seek to demonstrate their support for raising African standards across the supply chain.
All at a minimum cost to the delegates as the Forum is part-funded by the Association.
The Forum is planned to be an inter-active process offering all downstream stakeholders unique networking opportunities to help share experience and develop synergies.
Join the Forum and the unique ARA network !
Speaker and sponsorship opportunities are available
Contact us for further information: email@example.com - Tel: +44 207 3430014